NINETEENTH SUNDAY IN TRINITY
October 22, 2017.
SUB-THEME/6: EVIDENCES OF A HEALED LAND.
TOPIC: Physical Healing
TEXT: Deut. 28:1-12.
1. understand the broad spectrum of physical healing and transformation that God grants after healing a land;
2. recognise and enjoy God’s goodness;
3. Persevere and aspire for more physical healing and transformation.
God takes away pestilences, destroyers of men, cattle and crops. In their place, God grants protection, good health and increase in produce. These all come from divine physical healing. It includes the arrest of miscarriage and barrenness. When Abimelech took Sarah, Abraham’s wife in Gen. 20:1-8, God shut up Abimelech’s wives’ wombs until Abimelech released Sarah. “Then they bore children; for the LORD had closed up all the wombs,” Gen. 20:18. Longevity and protection from wild animals also follow.
1. a. Define and discuss Physical healing and Transformation that God grants when He heals a land.
b. Classify the types of such mentioned in Deut 28:1-12.
2. Discuss the beauty of the physical healing and transformation God granted (or promises to grant us today) in the following scriptures: Deut 28:1-12; Isa 11:5-10; 1:18, 19; Jer. 17:7, 8; Ezek 36:25-30.
3. How may Christians strive to enjoy them to the fullest and why? John 11:40; Mark 11:24; Isa 1:18, 19. Why-Isa 54:17b?
4. What should we be, know or do to promote and preserve such glorious physical excellence to man by God? Exod. 15:26; Isa 1:18, 19.
Divine physical healing is an evidence of God’s presence and work among His people. We should therefore strive to live a godly life in order to keep receiving this grace from God. The most glorious physical transformation of the earth will come as in Rev 21:1 but God’s people should hold sway, effectively occupying as they wait for Jesus’ return, and enjoy a measure of physical healing/transformation. They should expect individual healing.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Expect physical healing/transformation to follow the spiritual healing of your land.