FEBRUARY 13 2022
THEME: THE LORD GOD AND THE REIGN OF PEACE
SUB-THEME: Christian’s Knowledge of God
TOPIC: The Lord God Almighty
Text: Exod. 15:1-11.
AIM: To help us understand the concept of the Almightiness of God and the Christians’ attitude in
relating with Him in this light.
Today marks the beginning of preparations for Lent (Septuagesima Sunday), and we shall be focusing
on the topic, "The Lord God Almighty." The Portrait of God as One who possesses absolute authority
and power over all that exist in the universe is all over scripture. Through history, and across territories
and generations, He has consistently exercised dominion, humbling extremely powerful sovereigns,
while subjecting Satan and his evil hosts to eternal defeat and humiliation. This study will help us gain
clearer understanding of His Person, sovereignty and everlasting reality.
1. From the text today, identify and discuss the significant attributes of God's Almightiness.
2. From the text, briefly explain how God demonstrated and continues to demonstrate His absolute
authority and power over the affairs of humankind and nature. Compare Josh 10:12-14; Dan. 4:30-34;
3. How do some people underrate the demonstration the power of God in our generation with
reference to Exo 5:2; Acts 12:21-22.
4. What should be our attitude as Christians if we are expecting the demonstration of God’s power in
our generation Gen.17:1; Exo 14:13-14; Prov. 3:5-7; Rom.9:20
We should not doubt that God is willing to demonstrate His glory and power in the affairs of
humankind for all to see (even unbelievers). It will be of great benefit to us if we learn to submit to and
trust Him in all of this life's battles. He is the Lord God Almighty!
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Acknowledging the greatness of God proves our total submission to Him.
MEMORY VERSE: Exodus 15:11, "Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? Who is like thee,
glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders”
Next Sunday 15th January 2023 will be a Combined Service Starting by 8:00am.
- Jesus Christ
- The Bane of godly family—Disunity
- The Value of a Father's watch.
- Concept of a godly Family
- God’s foundation for a Family
- Concept of Family
- Vices of unfaithfulness to God’s covenant-
- Virtues of faithfulness to God’s covenant-
- Training of Children
- Marriage covenant
- Davidic Covenant