5TH SUNDAY AFTER EPIPHANY FEBRUARY 6 2022
THEME: THE LORD GOD AND THE REIGN OF PEACE
SUB-THEME: Means of God’s Revelation to Mankind 5
TOPIC: Jesus Christ
TEXTS: Heb. 1:1-3
i.to show Jesus Christ as the final revelation of God to mankind and
ii.to expose the earthly reign of Jesus and His eternal reign in heaven.
The phrase “at sundry times” (KJV) really means “in many portions” of the Old Testament Scriptures.
This means that all revelations to be known were not given to only one prophet, but each received that
which was given to him. Likewise, the phrase “in divers manners” (KJV) also means some of the
prophets heard audible voice of God, some through Urim and Thummim, some through dreams, and
some through visions.
The Old Testament revelations were fragmentary in substance, even though they were many and
various in form. There were very multitude of prophets, yet they all prophesied only in part. However,
in Christ, the revelation of God is full. All mysteries to be known of God and His purposes in humankind
are united in Jesus.
1. What do you understand by the statement, “Jesus: the final revelation of God to mankind”?
2. Why do you think Jesus is superior to any other means of revelation? Matt 17:5; Acts 3: 22 – 24;
3. Read Hebrews 1:2 again and discuss the three qualities found in Christ that was not found in any of
the prophets in the Old Testament.
4. Making the three qualities of Jesus Christ in Hebrews 1:2 the basis, how can you explain Jesus’ reign
on earth and in heaven? John 14: 9 & 10; Pro. 8: 26 – 31; Psalm 110: 1 & 2; Phil 2:5-11.
Jesus’ superiority to all other means of God’s revelation to mankind stems from the fact that, He is the
Son, and He is one with the Father; He is whom God has appointed heir of all things; because through
Him God made the worlds. Therefore, He reigns over all in the physical and the spiritual, and He will
reign with God in Heaven forever and ever.
FOOD FOR THOUHT: The final revelation of God is the perfect manifestation of God to humankind.
MEMORY VERSE: Heb 1:1-2 “God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto
the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath
appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds.
Next Sunday 15th January 2023 will be a Combined Service Starting by 8:00am.
- The Lord God Almighty
- The Bane of godly family—Disunity
- The Value of a Father's watch.
- Concept of a godly Family
- God’s foundation for a Family
- Concept of Family
- Vices of unfaithfulness to God’s covenant-
- Virtues of faithfulness to God’s covenant-
- Training of Children
- Marriage covenant
- Davidic Covenant