4TH SUNDAY AFTER EPIPHANY JANUARY 30, 2022
THEME: THE LORD GOD AND THE REIGN OF PEACE
SUB-THEME: Means of God’s Revelation to Mankind 4
TEXTS: 1Kings 22:1-28
i.to discuss the office of a prophet,
ii.to differentiate between God’s prophets, carnally minded God’s prophets, and false prophets
iii.to discuss the importance of obeying the prophets of God
According to Exodus 4: 12, a prophet is God’s mouthpiece. In both the Old Testament and the New
Testament, prophets of God delivered the word of God with authority. In our text today, we can see a
clear difference between true Prophets of God and the false ones.
However, we find godly and carnal prophets of God in the Bible. How then can we differentiate
between the two? Our study guide will beam searchlight to this and other related issues.
1. From the study today, who is a prophet? Compare with 1Kings 22:7 with Hosea 12:10; Amos 3:7.
2. Examine the prophetic messages in 1Kings 22:13-14 and differentiate between the prophets of God
and carnally minded prophets.
3. In the following passages, mention the distinctive features of the prophets of God. 2King 5:15-19; Jer
1: 6-8 and mention some reasons for obeying them.
4. How is prophetic ministry compromised in our generation? Read 1Kings 13:19-22; 2Kings 5:20-25.
As there are prophets of God, so are carnally minded prophets, who are after selfish gain by taking
advantage of vulnerable people. Our closeness to God will enable us with discernment to know the
godly and obey them as well as knowing the ungodly and refraining from them.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Prophets are God’s messenger, not the Messiah.
MEMORY VERSE: Hosea 12:10 “I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and
used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets”.
Next Sunday 15th January 2023 will be a Combined Service Starting by 8:00am.
- The Lord God Almighty
- Jesus Christ
- The Bane of godly family—Disunity
- The Value of a Father's watch.
- Concept of a godly Family
- God’s foundation for a Family
- Concept of Family
- Vices of unfaithfulness to God’s covenant-
- Virtues of faithfulness to God’s covenant-
- Training of Children
- Marriage covenant
- Davidic Covenant