May 23, 2021
THEME: COVENANT WITH THE LIVING GOD
SUB THEME: Family and Covenant with the Living God
TOPIC: God’s foundation for a Family
TEXT: Gen 1:27-30; 9:1-7
i. to teach that the foundation of any human social system is laid by the Almighty God and
ii. to further expose the principles of God for the human social system.
INTRODUCTION: As we remember the day when the Holy Spirit descended on the early Apostles, let us always ask for the guidance of the Holy Spirit in the life of our family.When God created Adam and Eve, He did so for it to serve as the basis for human society. The foundation was based on vital social principles (Gen 9:6). However, mankind has from generation to generation abused both the foundation and the principles governing human co-existence. How has this abuseaffected our human social order?
1. With reference to our texts, how can you explain God’s foundation for human social existence? Gen 1:28; 9:7.
2. What is God’s foundational principle for human co-existence in Gen 9:6 compare Exod. 21:12-14;Rev 13:10? Is mankind following the principles of this foundation both in obedience and in fear of God’s judgement?
3. What is the rating of mankind by God in Gen 1:28; Psalm 8:6; 1Co 15:27; Heb 2:8
4. How can you explain the devaluation of mankind by certain human attitudes in our generation? Gen 4:8; Rom 1:21-23, 25; Suggest solutions with reference to Exod. 20:12-17; John 14:26 (Rom 13:9)
CONCLUSION: God’s foundation principles for mankind are for them to subdue, enjoy and replenish the earth. There is neither murder nor worship of other creatures in His principle of human co-existence. The more we adhere to these foundation principles, the more peaceful co-existence there will be in human social world.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Every principle of hardship is from mankind.
MEMORY VERSE: Gen 1:28- “And God blessed them, and God said unto them, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth”
Next Sunday 15th January 2023 will be a Combined Service Starting by 8:00am.
Reception into Anglican Church
- The Lord God Almighty
- Jesus Christ
- The Bane of godly family—Disunity
- The Value of a Father's watch.
- Concept of a godly Family
- Concept of Family
- Vices of unfaithfulness to God’s covenant-
- Virtues of faithfulness to God’s covenant-
- Training of Children
- Marriage covenant
- Davidic Covenant