January 31, 2021
THEME: COVENANT WITH THE LIVING GOD
SUB-THEME 2: The Living God and other gods (3)
TOPIC: The omnipotent and impotent
TEXTS: Exod. 7:8-12; 8:18-19; Acts 13:6-12
Aim: To show that the omnipotent God defends the oppressed and renders impotent the might of
INTRODUCTION: Today is Septuagesima Sunday, meaning that we are seventy days to
Easter. Our study texts reveal that the omnipotentGod always rises to defend His children and all
who put their trust in Him. Even when the rulers of the earth seem to hijack justice or oppress the
children of God, the Lord has always risen on behalf of His children, and thereby rendered
impotent (powerless) the schemes of evil people. This study encourages us to put absolute trust
in God as the One who has all power in Himself.
1. From the texts, (Exod. 7:8-12; 8:18-19) what do you understand by the terms,
“Omnipotent” and “impotent”?
2. From the following passages, show and discuss how the omnipotent God has rendered
impotent the schemes of men: Ex. 14:24-30; Esther 5:14; 6:13; 7:10; Acts 13:9-12.
3. Read Psalm 12:5, and identify God’s promise in this passage and how it applies to us
4. How do some people, and sadly, some Christians think they can “assist” God in fighting
CONCLUSION: God is still in the business of defending His people including those oppressed.
Irrespective of how injustice has thrived in our land, believers should put their trust in God. He
will surely render impotent the power and schemes of wicked men.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: The Omnipotent renders impotent!!
MEMORY VERSE: Psalm 12:5 - For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy,
now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.
Next Sunday 24th October 2021 will be a Combined Service by 8:00am.
#Stay Safe - Always Use Your Face Mask
- FAMILY HARVEST THANKSGIVING FOR 3RD OCTOBER, 2021
- The Bane of godly family—Disunity
- The Value of a Father's watch.
- Concept of a godly Family
- God’s foundation for a Family
- Concept of Family
- Vices of unfaithfulness to God’s covenant-
- Virtues of faithfulness to God’s covenant-
- Training of Children
- Marriage covenant
- Davidic Covenant
- Priestly family