|Sun||Boys & Girl Brigade Practice||4.00PM|
|Wed||Mid Week Service||6.00PM|
|Fri||Women Prayer Meeting||6.00PM|
|Sat||Men's Fellowship Practice/Gym||07:00AM|
|Deliverance and Healing Unit Meeting||12:00PM|
|Boys and Girl Brigade Practice||4.00PM|
|Preview For bible study teacher||6.00PM|
We the members of the Christ Ambassador society of St. Andrew’s Anglican Church kubwa, having firmly and solemnly resolved to:
the spiritual and physical uplifting of the Church and her people, her institutions and to foster the welfare of all persons in the Church, being fully aware of our responsibilities as Christ Ambassador.
for the purpose of excellence in the nourishment, dedicated to the unity equity, political, social and economic progress of the church.
peace, solidarity, cooperation and understanding among all members based on the principle of socio-spiritual progress being convinced that each member has a role to play in the general spiritual development for building strong and stable structures, promoting the benefits of humanity and creating other ways and means of sustaining spiritual development.
The following constitutions having duly accept that in all our conducts and deliberations we shall be bound and directed by it’s supreme provisions which shall nullify any other rules and regulations which are inconsistent with it’s supremacy. The codes of conduct contained therein will serve as guide to all members in the exercise of their roles and functions. It is therefore hoped that the adherence to this constitution will enable the organization make meaningful impact in the church.
The society shall be called, addressed and known as the Christ Ambassador Society.
The Slogan of the Christ Ambassador Society: and response shall be: we are Ambassador for Christ. (2 cor 5:20)
Aims and Objectives
3.1 To bring members and their families closer to the Lord.
3.2 To Share the love of Christ and win souls for God.
3.3 To encourage members to be active in the Church.
3.4 To lend active support to the leadership of the Church.
3.5 To raise credible leaders to work in the vineyard of God.
3.6 To identify with development projects in the Church.
3.7 To lend assistance to the members in need.
3.8 To Offer Spiritual financial and other less privileged, and the disable.
3.9 To encourage members to propagate the gospel of Christ by word and deed.
4.1 Membership of the society shall be open to male and female adults of St. Andrew’s Anglican Church; such intending members shall of necessity be duly registered members of the Church.
5.2 A new member shall pay enrolment fee of N200 only and shall be entitled to membership card and a copy of the society’s constitution upon the payment of N200.00.
The obligation of members shall among other things include the following:
6.1 Attend all Meetings regularly and punctually.
6.2 Participate fully in all deliberations of the society.
6.3 Pay all due and Levis promptly as contained in the constitution, and as may be agreed upon by the society from time to time.
6.4 Carry out duties and assignments effectively and faithfully for the society.
6.5 Participate in social and spiritual activities directly involving any of the members.
7.1 EXCO meeting will hold when necessary, Date and venue will be determined by the chairman in consultation with EXCO members.
7.2 Monthly meeting otherwise known as ordinary meetings shall hold on the last Saturday of every month. The first monthly meeting for every year will start by January.
Emergency meeting shall be held as and when the need arise. All emergency matters shall be considered by the Executives who will decide when to summon emergency meetings.
Christ Ambassador Society shall hold its annual General meeting on last Saturday of November of every year. The meeting shall be convened for the following reasons:
(a) To receive and consider the financial secretary’s report of the account of the society during the year.
(b) To receive and consider the financial secretary’s report of the accounts of the society for the preceding year.
(c) To elect officers every two years.
(d) To review the performance of the Patrons and Matrons and appoint new one if need be.
(e) To fix the subscription for the subsequent year.
(f) To receive the report of other member of the executive and committees for the year
8.1 The venue of meetings shall be the church hall St. Andrews Anglican Church , Kubwa and time is 6:00pm.
For the purpose of voting;
9.1 The quorum for every meeting shall be not less than ten (10) members.
9.2 Voting shall be raising of hand. A simple majority shall be sufficient to pass an ordinary resolution. However, matters of major importance such as proposed amendments to this constitution shall be passed by at least a two – third majority of the members. In the event of equality of votes, the chairman shall have a casting vote.
10.1 the following shall be the society’s main sources of Revenue.
a. Monthly Dues.
b. Donations and pledges.
c. Special levies (e.g lateness to meeting, absenteeism, condolence levy etc.)
d. Charitable gifts
e. Other fund raising activities
11.0 The officers of the society shall comprise of the following:
2. Vice Chairman
3. General Secretary
4. Assistant General Secretary
5. Financial Secretary
7. Evangelism Secretary
9. Welfare officer/PRO
11.1.1 The term of office shal be two years. Election shall take place at the annual general meeting.
11.1.2 no officer shall hold the same continually for more than two consecutive terms.
11.1.3 howerever, ex-officers may be eligible for re-election after their last term in office.
11.2.1 Only finiacially up to date members are eligible to vote and to be voted for.
11.2.2 a member of the society shall be nominated as returning officers for the whole election. A returning officer is not allowed to vote, but in the event of a tie in votes between two candidates for an office, the returning officer shall have a casting voting.
11.2.3 a candidate for election shall be nominated and seconded and unless returning unopposed, shall be elected by a simple majority vote.
11.2.4 there shall be not more than three nominstions for each officers which election in required. In the event of only one preson being nominated unopposed for a particular office shall declare him duly elected.
11.2.5 the officers are to be elected by secret ballot
11.2.6 a bye – election shall be held as soon as a post becomes vacant at the monthly meetings.
1. To preside over all EXCO, monthly, Emergency and annual general meetings of society.
2. To act as the coordinator of all the affairs and activities of the society.
3. To Prepare and present an annual report to the general house at the AGM
4. Shall cause to be summon all meetings of the society.
5. Shall exercise all such powers and carry out all such duties as apportioned to him by the constitution.
1. To act for the chairman in his absence for whatever reason or cause.
2. To assist the chairman performs such functions as may be assigned or delegate by the executive.
a) He shall prepare all agenda and convene all meetings in consultation with the chairman.
b) He shall keep an up to date records of the minutes of the meetings.
c) In the case of the executive committee meeting, he shall dispatch notices to all persons entitled to attend.
d) He shall preserve all records other than the financial records of the society.
e) He shall be responsible for secretarial duties as may be delegated by the society or the chairman e.g Annual progress Report etc.
f) He shall be responsible for issuing out circulars when necessary.
g) He shall have the power to assign and apportion duties to his Assistant.
h) He shall keep a record of our outstanding achievement of any member of the society.
a) He shall co-operate with and assist the secretary in his duties
b) He shall in the absence of the secretary perform the duties assigned to the office of the secretary and act for him
1. To keep proper records of all proceeds from levies, dues, subscription and donations.
2. To receive members subscription and all other monies due to the society and record in the society’s book, and pay same to the treasurer who shall issue him an official receipt.
3. To remit to the treasurer all such monies received, not later than 48 hours from the day of such receipt.
4. To issue reminders to members from time to time, directing attention to arrears of dues.
5. To raise voucher for any expenditure to be borne by the society.
6. To prepare a comprehensive financial report of the society for every AGM.
1. The treasurer shall be entrusted with the responsibity of banking all monies received form financial secretary or the society no later than 2 working days thereafter.
2. the treasurer shall keep an imprest account of N5,000.00.
3. the treasurer shall submit a statement of receipts and payment at the monthly meetings of the society.
4. shall prepare a bank reconciliation statement quarter.
Shall prepare a bank reconciliation statement every quarter.
5. the treasurer shall open an account for the society with the chairman, financial secretary and act as signatory.
1. To coordinate all evangelical /prayer activities of the society.
2. liaise with the evangelical committee on evangelism.
3. propose yearly evangelical / prayer programs for society.
1. to make the meeting venue ready before the arrival of members.
2. to ensure orderliness in the conduct of the meetings
3. to take record of attendance, lateness and meetings.
4. to collect fines for lateness and absenteeism.
5. Any other duties as may be assigned to him.
The anniversary of the society shall be formally presented before the preist by the chairman for induction.
1.1 Death (parents only) - N5,000.00
1.2 Marriage of member (if inited) - N10,000.00
1.3 Marriage (members Child) (if invited) - N5,000.00
1.4 Death of spouse - N10,000.00
1.5 Birth of a child (members only) (to the child) - N5,000.00
1.6 Death of members (to be given to the next of kin) - N20,000.00
2.0 Levies shall be imposed where necessary to meet any excess shall be put into the above benefits and any excess shall be put into the account of the society.
3.0 these rate are subject to review every two (2) years.