May 30, 2021
THEME: COVENANT WITH THE LIVING GOD
SUB THEME: Family and Covenant with the Living God
TOPIC: Concept of a godly Family
TEXT: Eph 5:21-33; 6:1-9
i. to define a godly family in a plural world,
ii. to differentiate between family and godly family and
iii. to identify the duties of members in a godly family.
Human society is the reflection of the family. Godly families produce a godly society where peace and tranquility reign while morally decadent families produce a corrupt and immoral society. It is clear that God’s purpose for a family is such that every family member has responsibilities, duties and roles to perform so as toproduce peaceful societies. Apostle Paul has stated these in today’s texts (Eph 5:21-33 and 6:1-9). How can these be carried out in order to fulfill the purpose of God for humanity?
1. How can you explain a godly family and what is the purpose of God for every family?
2. Mention the components of a Christian family and their duties.Eph 5:22-23, 25; 6:1-4.
3. With the obvious decadence in today’s world, how can a family train their children in a godly way? Prov 22:6; Eph 6:4; 2Ti 3:15
4. With reference to Elkanah’s family, identify the benefits and importance of a godly home to society at large- 1Sam 2:17-20; Prov 15:20;
The purpose of God for every family is to prepare and have a most blissful world. Therefore, every member in a Christian family should continuously perform their Christian duties so as to exert Christian influence that will impact positively on society.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: The whole world will become a paradise, if families will rise and embrace godliness.
MEMORY VERSE: 1Sam 2:20“And Eli would bless Elkanah and his wife, and say, "The LORD give you descendants from this woman for the loan that was given to the LORD." Then they would go to their own home”.
Next Sunday 28th November 2021 will be a Combined Service starting by 8:00am.
#Stay Safe - Always Use Your Face Mask
- FAMILY HARVEST THANKSGIVING FOR 3RD OCTOBER, 2021
- The Bane of godly family—Disunity
- The Value of a Father's watch.
- God’s foundation for a Family
- Concept of Family
- Vices of unfaithfulness to God’s covenant-
- Virtues of faithfulness to God’s covenant-
- Training of Children
- Marriage covenant
- Davidic Covenant
- Priestly family
- Mosaic Covenant